TU Delft EWI / ST
van Mourik Broekmanweg 6
2628 XE, Delft
+31 (0) 15 278 5546
Welcome to my home page!
As of Nov 2020, I am on leave from TU Delft, working as a research engineer at Facebook.
I am associate professor of software engineering at the Software Engineering Research Group group, Delft University of Technology, leading the group’s Software Analytics lab and co-leading the group’s Machine Learning for Software Engineering lab. I do research in the broad area of software engineering. I am teaching Big Data Processing at the BSc level and Machine Learning for SE at the MSc level. I am also speaking and blogging.
- Aug 2021» ESEC/FSE 2021 was succesfuly organized in Athens, Greece. Watch the introductory video and read the proceedings.
- Jul 2021» TOSEM paper on pre-emptive conflict resolution (at Microsoft).
- Jul 2021» TSE paper on what affects on-time deliveries in agile settings (at ING).
- Jun 2021» Paper on ML-based off-by-one error detection.
- Jan 2021» Technical report on fine-grained dependency management for Rust. An analysis of the whole Rust ecosystem at the function call level.
- Jan 2021» Technical report on ML-based type prediction for Python. We beat the state of the art by a significant margin!
- Dec 2020» Paper on fine-grained ecosystems and techical report on our work on optimising the PR process at Microsoft (covered by Venturebeat).
- FASTEN: Making software ecosystems robust by making package management more intelligent.
- CodeFeedr: Developing next-gen software analytics platforms.
- AI4Fintech: Making large software-based organizations more efficient. Leader of the software analytics track.
- GHTorrent: Making the Github REST API queriable.
I have the pleasure of working with the following people (alumni):
- Joseph Hejderup (Feb 2017): Dependency management and static analysis
- Elvan Kula (May 2019): Software process optimization, also at ING
- Mehdi Keshani (May 2019): Dependency management and static analysis
- Amir Mir (Oct 2019): Dependency management and machine learning
- Wouter Zorgdrager (Feb 2019): Developer on the FASTEN project